From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Problem with build of a small x11 system
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 21:45:18
1 On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 10:14:11PM +0100, Carsten Salveter wrote:
2 > There's a problem with groff.
3
4 upgrade to uclibc 0.9.27-r1 or 0.9.28, the issue has been fixed there
5
6 > How can I build a small x11 system? I don't know if I'm on the right
7 > way. I need no great window manager. I want only show one graphical
8 > application (fullscreen)to visualize some data received from serial port
9 > and keyboard and generate some events.
10
11 you could probably just as easily do this with just the framebuffer,
12 but using X11 would give you broader access to a ton of packages
13
14 you should emerge the 'xorg-server' package rather than 'xorg-x11' as
15 the modular version (xorg-server) contains a lot of bugfixes which
16 affect uClibc envs
17 -mike
18 --
19 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list