From: Edel SM <sierra2@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] vim and less segfaulting
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:53:07
1 On 6/17/05, René Rhéaume <rene.rheaume@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > 2005/6/7, René Rhéaume <rene.rheaume@×××××.com>:
3 > > 2005/6/7, Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m@×××.net>:
4 > > > ncurses, less are ok.
5 > > I do not think ncurses is all correct. nano and top (they are using
6 > > it) are segfaulting on launch since I updated ncurses. Emerging an
7 > > older version did not help. It's strange that nano does not always
8 > > crash, only very often.
9 > >
10 > Got rid of these pesky crashes by reinstalling from a stage3. *grumble*
11 >
12 > --
13 > gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list
17 i still have the same prob with cfdisk, top, vim, less, & nano segfaulting.
18 im on from stage1 hardened. i tried recompiling gcc, ncurses, vim,
19 nano, etc several times. should i now start considering starting from
20 stage3 too?
21
22 also, starting from stage1 comiple, im having problem getting past
23 python-2.3.5 having wihtout disabling "readline" uSE flag.
24
25 help appreciated. thanks.
26
27 --edel