From: Jason <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] openssl zlib.h failure for armeb
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:22:25
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Thursday 26 April 2007, Jason wrote:
3 >> This sounds like the solution to my problem, although I'm a bit hesitant
4 >> to muddy my ${SYSROOT}...
5 >
6 > i dont understand what you mean by "muddy" ... it's managed by portage, so you
7 > could just as easily do:
8 > ROOT=/usr/$CTARGET emerge -C zlib ...
9
10 yeah, I think the big fat red warning in the guide led me to assume that
11 I should only let crossdev populate $SYSROOT... I'm over it now. :-)
14 >> Is this what most people do (libs/headers to SYSROOT)?
15 >
16 > it's what i do ;)
17
18 Good to know I'm on the right track...
19
20 So, small update. I added the serial port to the nslu, and cut the
21 resistor (change processor speed from 133MHz to 266MHz).
22
23 I just uploaded my first kernel (2.6.20-gentoo-r6) and ramdisk via tftp
24 using this guide[1]. A few false starts with the kernel (serial port
25 shouldn't be a module, need ramdisk, etc), and it's looking good. It
26 halts now with two errors, one seems to be a size mismatch between the
27 kernel's config and the physical size of the ramdisk fs. The other is
28 asking for a pointer to init... neat.
29
30 After doing this:
31
32 # xmerge --root /rootfs uclibc busybox baselayout-lite dropbear
33
34 # cd /rootfs
35
36 # du --max-depth=1
37 12 ./lost+found
38 1 ./tmp
39 292 ./var
40 4394 ./lib
41 3406 ./usr
42 57 ./sbin
43 21 ./etc
44 825 ./bin
45 1 ./home
46 1 ./root
47 1 ./mnt
48 1 ./proc
49 2 ./dev
50 9015 ./
51
52 Not bad. I haven't even cleaned it out yet (I have a whole bunch of
53 unneeded modules in /lib)
56 Jason.
57
58 [1] - http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/TestAnImageInRamUsingRedBoot