From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] gcc-4.6 / bionic
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 16:06:37
1 On 04/06/11 10:30, Christopher Friedt wrote:
2
3 > I would certainly be willing to 'own' some bugs within some reasonable
4 > bounds (e.g. bionic's libstdc++ doesn't support exceptions... the
5 > pthread lib doesn't support pthread_cancel). It's more or less
6 > intended as a platform for managed code - .ie. Java. Although Python,
7 > Mono, and Lua also work to some extent.
10 I find your interests to be enlightening. Keep me posted
11 or updates to the list. You have to excuse my jaded prose,
12 too old and too callous sometimes, but, I do have the
13 very best of intentions......
14
15 > Linaro seems to want the bionic + gcc marriage to work too (i.e.
16 > -mandroid), otherwise asac wouldn't have submitted patches for gcc.
17 > Linaro has an army of engineers at their disposal and I would imagine
18 > some of them probably use Gentoo too ;-)
19
20 Ah, that seems to be an interesting lot, Linaro.
21
22 ORLANDO in October, 2011; sounds very interesting and doable....
25 https://wiki.linaro.org/Events/2011-10-LDS
28 James