From: Janusz Syrytczyk <jsyrytczyk@×××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] uClibc, locales and ntfs-3g.
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 15:45:23
1 Hi,
2 I've created x86 appliance based on uClibc and busybox. I was to compile also
3 ntfs-3g for ntfs write support. Everything runs perfectly, smoothly and
4 without troubles (but of course I got some issues when configuring
5 this ;-) ).
6
7 The question I got is about locales in the system:
8
9 I can mount ntfs filesystem with default locale and all files without national
10 characters are ok.
11
12 But when I mount a filesystem with national (in my example - Polish)
13 characters I cannot see any files with those characters. So when in / of
14 mounted ntfs partition I have i.e. "zdjęcia" I won't see it as well as its
15 subdirectories.
16
17 How to create/install locales for the uClibc system so ntfs-3g does not
18 complain about missing locales?
19
20 Janusz
21 --