From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] More breakage, more cutting edge packages and patches wanted...
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 11:32:00
1 Hardened and uclibc seem to be lagging a little these days. I can see
2 the argument for keeping quality high in the hardened builds (since
3 users probably have a bunch of live servers like me!), however, I wonder
4 if there isn't a case to go a bit more cutting with uclibc?
5
6 Is it fair to assume that uclibc is largely for less frequently updated
7 systems, usually with an upstream developer testing builds before
8 release? Would it be sensible to push forward and tolerate the
9 possibility of more "bugs" as a result?
10
11 It seems to me that this might flush out more contributors and patches
12 than the current situation? For example I'm now sitting on a bunch of
13 customised builds to build a small uclibc system and no doubt there are
14 plenty of others doubling up on that effort?
15
16 Perhaps I'm missing an overlay which is easy to push changes to and
17 folks here are regularly committing to...? If not do we need one?
18
19 Ed W