From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] boot linux without a bios on intel platform
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 11:06:57
1 On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Manuel Lauss
2 <manuel.lauss@××××××××××.com>wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Hi,
6 > > I'm facing a problem.
7 > > I have an intel board, and the bios boots after 22sec.
8 > > Is it possible to boot the linux without a bios.
9 > > Maybe have grub jump from an eeprom or something.
10 >
11 > Is coreboot an option for your system?
12 >
13 > Manuel
14 >
15 > There is a support for a kontron board, but my guess is that I would need
16 to integrate a new support.
17 This is something I don't want to do if it's hard and will take time.
18 I have also an option to ask for lean bios. I think they are able to reduce
19 bios code.
20 What I'm still not sure is if just the dram and the ide/sata is enough for
21 linux.
22
23 Regards,
24 Kfir