From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] netplug for embedded
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:42:06
1 On Thursday 28 February 2008, Ed W wrote:
2 > Hi, what is everyone else doing for a hotplug that brings up udhcpd when
3 > an ethernet cable is connected?
4 >
5 > I'm using baselayout2 and mdev - at the moment I can't see any hotplug
6 > event firing (but there is an entry in dmesg).
7
8 mdev creates device nodes and that's it. if you want hotplugging, use udev.
9
10 > Related question - I thought everything which caused a netlink event
11 > should also cause a hotplug event? If so then why aren't I getting a
12 > hotplug event..?
13
14 afaik, the hotplug/netlink events are equivalent, but i dont do device
15 hotplugging, so i havent tested.
16 -mike