From: Daniel Glaser <daniel.glaser@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] crosscompile bash
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 15:31:06
Hi
> Well, I tried cross-emerging bash-3.2_p5, and for whatever reason, did not suffer > the "cannot run test program while cross compiling" error that bash-3.1_p17 was > giving me; however now thing break later on with: > > /usr/libexec/gcc/i686-pc-linux-uclibc/ld: cannot find -lcurses > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status > make: *** [bash] Error 1 > > ...however ncurses has been installed, both in the host target and the build host... >
You have to merge every library to your cross-compile-root, means in your case to merge ncurses first to /usr/cross-... And then to your other root without the X-Toolchain. This is, because the X-Compiler searches there for libraries and not in another $ROOT. So, the steps to go are: ROOT="/usr/cross-SOMEXTOOLCHAIN" [ PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="SOMEOTHERROOTWITHCONF"] emerge LIBPACKAGE ROOT="YOUROTHERROOT" emerge PACKAGES I always emerge everything first to the X-Toolchain root with making packages and then I emerge the packages without recompiling them to my development root. -daniel -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list