From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] gumstix anyone?
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 21:08:35
1 On Tuesday 14 November 2006 10:17, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
2 > I am getting a couple of Gumstix small computers, and I'm wondering if
3 > there are any Gentoo embedded folks working with them.
4
5 i started to buy a Gumstix but then decided to buy some NSLU2s/Lofts instead
6
7 > What I found interesting is that the Gumstix "buildroot" environment
8 > contains a package called "portage". Is this a Gentoo Portage as we know
9 > it, or something else called "portage"?
10
11 gumstix just copies their buildroot env from the original one that was spawned
12 from uclibc:
13 http://buildroot.uclibc.org/
14 they include their own fixes on top of it i imagine
15
16 i have commit access to the original buildroot and ive added portage to that
17 back when i was using buildroot to bootstrap Gentoo/embedded ... but since
18 Gentoo can be used to bootstrap Gentoo/embedded, i dont really bother with
19 buildroot anymore
20
21 considering Gumstix is simply a little endian arm, there's no reason you cant
22 take existing little endian arm stages and use those on the board ... you'd
23 prob still have to get your kernel from them though
24 -mike