From: Corey <corey@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] unable to chroot
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 21:41:08
I've got a minimal gentoo env on a separate partition, but I'm unable to chroot
into it - I get a "chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory",
even though bash does in fact exist in the target and is executable:

scanner gentoo # chroot /mnt/gentoo/ /bin/bash
chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory
scanner gentoo # pwd
/mnt/gentoo
scanner gentoo # ls
bin  dev  etc  home  lib  linuxrc  mnt  proc  root  sbin  sys  tmp  usr  var
scanner gentoo # ls -l bin/bash
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 869584 Nov 17 01:50 bin/bash
scanner gentoo # ./bin/bash --version
GNU bash, version 3.1.17(1)-release (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
scanner gentoo # chroot /mnt/gentoo/ /bin/bash
chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory

Where should I begin trying to fix this?  I used crossdev w/ uclibc when I compiled
and installed the base fs into the partition in question.

Thanks,

Corey