From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Marc Blumentritt <marc.blumentritt@×××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] busybox init scripts
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:59:15
1 On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 19:43 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Saturday 27 October 2007, Marc Blumentritt wrote:
3 > > is someone working on Gentoo init scripts for busybox tools like
4 > > syslogd, hdparm, etc?
5 >
6 > the only thing that could be changed is having init.d scripts be written in
7 > POSIX shell rather than bash. but this has already been done, so i dont see
8 > what else there is to do.
9
10 busybox could provide a virtual/logger so you don't need to use metalog,
11 sdsc-syslog, socklog, sysklogd, syslog-ng or syslogread.
12
13 Same goes with other busybox tools. hdparm is mentioned, but htere is
14 also a web server etc.
15
16 Problem is just that there are no init.d scripts in busybox for those.
17
18 > > I would be willing to help creating these. Perhaps
19 > > they could be included in busybox package and installed as an option?
20 >
21 > no
22
23 just an idea... There could be an additional busybox-initd package with
24 those scripts. The ebuild could have busybox as dependency and if for
25 example USE=syslog, it would install check the busybox config if syslog
26 is enabled and it would provide a virtual/logger.
29 I have some simplified init.d scripts in my alpine-baselayout.
30
31 http://dev.alpinelinux.org/alpine/alpine-baselayout/
32 svn://svn.alpinelinux.org/alpine-portage/trunk/sys-apps/alpine-baselayout
33
34 -nc
38 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list