From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: uclibc@××××××.org
Cc: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>, gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: tar-1.26 not unpacking archives with symlinks?
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 06:06:12
1 On Wednesday 29 February 2012 12:33:02 Ed W wrote:
2 > Hi, I'm hitting an error when trying to unpack archives with the
3 > recently unmasked tar-1.26. Basically any symlinks in the archive
4 > trigger an "unknown file" error. This prevents me using emerge -k
5 > amongst other things
6 >
7 > I only see this on uclibc-0.9.33 based system, not on the build host
8 > which uses glibc amd64
9 >
10 > Can anyone else repro this and shed any light on what the problem might
11 > be? Problem in tar or uclibc?
12
13 fchmodat() is a syscall that takes 3 args. uClibc was providing a stub that
14 treated it as 4. i fixed things up, so if you want to try with the fix i just
15 committed, that'd be nice ...
16 -mike