From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: crossdev-0.2
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 14:23:51
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Kumba wrote:

> I've been sitting on this script for awhile mainly out of laziness, but > Now it's finally available in portage (once it hits rsync). > > It'll be in sys-devel/crossdev, so anyone who wants to give it a whirl, > please do and report opinions, oddities, comments, bugs, etc.. back to > me. It could use some testing and code review. > > For basic usage instructions, pass the --help (or -h) option to the main > script, crossdev.sh, which will list information needed to run the > script effectively. A second script, crossdev-status.sh, is available > which just prints off a colorized chart of what cross-toolchain works on > what arch. It'll get updated with new revisions as more archs are > tested and added.. > > Happy Cross-Compiling!
Will you integrate building uclibc env directly into this one, or will it be another package? If yes, there are 2 occurences of newlib which can be copied and changed to uclibc, so one configure switch would change to with-uclibc (instead of with-newlib). uClibc uses --disable_cxa-atexit, and disables the hidden property of the assembler to get unhidden stuff in libgcc. You mention canadian-cross in README, the uclibc developers had problems with binutils-2.14.90.0.7 and reverted back to 2.14.90.0.6 to solve the problem (their buildroot does not work correctly with the newer one) I couldn't check the script itself (read it only), I do not have a gentoo environment for now (only clean, booting and working uClibc - non-gentoo due to lack of real binary package support in portage, maybe in portage-ng ;-) Peter -- Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m@×××.net> ID: 0xA5F059F2 NIC: IXUYHSKQLI Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2 ____________________________________________________________________ Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol. Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list