From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: crossdev-0.2
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 14:23:51
1 On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Kumba wrote:
2
3 > I've been sitting on this script for awhile mainly out of laziness, but
4 > Now it's finally available in portage (once it hits rsync).
5 >
6 > It'll be in sys-devel/crossdev, so anyone who wants to give it a whirl,
7 > please do and report opinions, oddities, comments, bugs, etc.. back to
8 > me. It could use some testing and code review.
9 >
10 > For basic usage instructions, pass the --help (or -h) option to the main
11 > script, crossdev.sh, which will list information needed to run the
12 > script effectively. A second script, crossdev-status.sh, is available
13 > which just prints off a colorized chart of what cross-toolchain works on
14 > what arch. It'll get updated with new revisions as more archs are
15 > tested and added..
16 >
17 > Happy Cross-Compiling!
18 Will you integrate building uclibc env directly into this one, or will it
19 be another package? If yes, there are 2 occurences of newlib which can be
20 copied and changed to uclibc, so one configure switch would change
21 to with-uclibc (instead of with-newlib). uClibc uses --disable_cxa-atexit,
22 and disables the hidden property of the assembler to get unhidden stuff
23 in libgcc.
24
25 You mention canadian-cross in README, the uclibc developers had problems
26 with binutils-2.14.90.0.7 and reverted back to 2.14.90.0.6 to solve the
27 problem (their buildroot does not work correctly with the newer one)
28
29 I couldn't check the script itself (read it only), I do not have a gentoo
30 environment for now (only clean, booting and working uClibc -
31 non-gentoo due to lack of real binary package support in portage, maybe
32 in portage-ng ;-)
33
34 Peter
37 Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m@×××.net> ID: 0xA5F059F2 NIC: IXUYHSKQLI
38 Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2
42 Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
43 Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu
46 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list