From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] gcc-4.6 / bionic
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 13:03:18
1 On 05/30/14 00:16, Steev Klimaszewski wrote:
4 > Aside from the iPhone 5s, there isn't really a lot of hardware generally
5 > available with arm64 on it. There is the X-Gene X-C1, though it's $5000
6 > USD - I'm planning on getting one, but I'm still waiting on an email
7 > from AppliedMicro telling me where I can actually purchase it.
10 Vendors of silicon (SOC) have large companies in line before the small
11 companies and open source dev community. Things will change, be patient.
12 Do your research, before you purchase the board to ensure it does what
13 you want and is compatible with opensource work. There is a lot of
14 "smoke and mirrors" out there with 64 bit arm. The best thing to do is
15 contact an FAE (Field Application Engineer) from your favorite vendor,
16 such as Avnet, TI, Digikey, etc) specifically ask the vendor for open
17 source linux stacks which are available and verify the download
18 before purchase.
19
20 Here are some keywords (CortexA57, A15, cortex-A15, aarch64, Omap5,
21 Omap5430) among other to perform your google searches for 64 bit arm dev
22 boards. Also check over at the linaro site. Arndale is very popular,
23 but a myriad of SoC vendors have place silicon with various developers
24 in many different companies.
27 http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/26/samsung-launches-arndale-community-board/
30 http://www.ti.com/tool/omap5432-evm?DCMP=omap-5432evm-130521&HQS=omap-5432evm-b-sw
33 Sorry, I have not kept up with the latest on 64 bit arm development boards.
36 hth,
37 James