From: Manuel Lauss <manuel.lauss@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Marvell switch 6131 and the DSA driver
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:18:57
1 On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >    --- Distributed Switch Architecture support
3 >    [*]   Marvell 88E6060 ethernet switch chip support
4 >    [*]   Marvell 88E6131 ethernet switch chip support
5 >    [*]   Marvell 88E6123/6161/6165 ethernet switch chip support
6 >
7 > I have an evaluation board from Marvell that connects for now via USB.
8 > lsusb shows the switch, but the kernel don't activate the DSA driver
9 > for this switch.
10 > Reading the drivers code, I see just mentioning of mii_bus.
11 > It seems that the kernel doesn't make the connection between the
12 > device found on the USB bus, and the DSA driver in the kernel.
13 > There are usb wireless dongles, so I assume the kernel know how
14 > to handle network hardware on top USB.
15 > Can someone help me understand this?
16
17 mii is a bus between a network controller ("mac") and one or more phy chips,
18 to manage link properties.
19
20 do you have a manual for the board? what does it say about what you can
21 do with the usb link?
24 Manuel