From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: solar@g.o
Cc: toolchain@g.o, gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] latest changes for uclibc mainly
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 09:44:45
1 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
2 Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:40:05 +0200 (CEST)
3 From: Peter S. Mazinger <mps@×××××××××.intra>
4 To: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
5 Cc: toolchain@g.o, gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
6 Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] latest changes for uclibc mainly
7
8 On 26 Jun 2004, Ned Ludd wrote:
9
10 > For this there is no solution. use uclibc && PROVIDE= is not valid and
11 > till such a time as PROVIDES understand uclibc? ( stuff ) syntax we
12 > can't really run with that gnuconfig-uclibc stuff. The gnuconfig package
13 > has however been updated in stable, so all instances will get the proper
14 > config.sub,guess
15 >
16 > For now we have to seriously forget about conditional provides ;/
17
18 This PROVIDE does not have to be conditional (as almost all the patches
19 added now to ebuilds as use uclibc &&)
22 > > I can't accept an approach, to add use uclibc && gnuconfig_update to all
23 > > ebuild that are used w/ uclibc.
24 >
25 > Thats fine we can do it via econf but we have to hook this with a
26 > FEATURE so it may be disabled for any case where a problem could arise.
27 > Something like this should do the trick and keep everything running
28 > smooth.
29 >
30 > if ! hasq noautoeconf $FEATURES ; then
31 > [ -e /usr/share/gnuconfig/ -a -x /bin/basename ] && \
32 > for x in $(find ${S} -name config.guess -o -name config.sub) ; do
33 > cp /usr/share/gnuconfig/$(basename ${x}) ${x}
34 > done
35 > fi
36
37 Ok for me if it defaults to update the files.
38
39 > > I have attached my "last bits" from the uclibc overlay directory, so
40 > > you'll see what I am using (these were already sent earlier)
41 > >
42 > > Another problem that will surely arise, the uclibc patches are not
43 > > everywhere in the newest releases, and also if they are there, some devs
44 > > are ignoring them, leaving them out (see openssl), so who will check for each
45 > > update, that someone didn't removed the known uclibc support from one
46 > > package. Most of the uclibc patches are not influencing the normal
47 > > functionality, so they could apply unconditionally, maybe if they won't
48 > > get use uclibc, they will mostly remain in, so the devs will try to
49 > > update/port them to newer versions.
50 >
51 > Then we need to get as many versions updated that we can so that uclibc
52 > carries onto each new future version of an .ebuild.
53 >
54 > > On a side note:
55 > > tar ~arch is faulty on uclibc (tar jtf does not work on the created tbz2
56 > > files), only the stable one (1.13.92-r3) works. How can it be done to use
57 > > exclusively this version for uclibc? Should this be done in the profile
58 > > enforcing some version?
59 >
60 > masked now in the profile using
61 > <app-arch/tar-1.13.25-r3
62
63 the condition is =1.13.92-r3 (not higher, not lower)
64
65 Peter
70 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list