From: Dave Bender <codehero@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Emerging into SYSROOT causes packages to install in host system
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 21:46:27
1 I mount bind to /dev; I just mount proc and sysfs normally (which I
2 think is OK, because they are not block devices)
3
4 On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Gareth McClean <disneysw@×××××××.com> wrote:
5 >>When I use 32bit chroots, some factor slows down file I/O a great
6 >>deal. For example I notice that emerge -uDN takes much
7 >>longer to do in a 32bit chroot. I use mount bind to share the
8 >>/usr/portage directory with the chroot, so I don't think its that
9 >>mechanism.
10 >>All I know is that updating inside the chroot is much slower.
14 > Do you also mount /proc and /dev to your chroot using the --bind option?
18 > -----Original Message-----
19 > From: Dave Bender [mailto:codehero@×××××.com]
20 > Sent: 04 May 2008 15:35
21 > To: Mike Frysinger
22 > Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
23 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Emerging into SYSROOT causes packages to
24 > install in host system
25 >
26 > <snip>
29 > --