From: Tim Barker <tim@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] TinyGentoo Boot Issue
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:43:03
1 Hi Chad,
2
3 This may not be the same but a similar thing happened to me when trying to
4 mount a jffs2 root partition while not having jffs2 compiled into the
5 kernel, the kernel can't mount the root partition so bails out with a 'VFS:
6 Cannot open root device' error.
7
8 What partition are you using? vfat? Was the partition created/formatted
9 correctly? Did you include vfat support in the kernel? Did you build support
10 as a module? Drop me an email if you don't know how to check for the option
11 in the kernel .config (CONFIG_VFAT_FS in the case of vfat) or when you 'make
12 menuconfig'.
13
14 HTH,
15