From: Sven Rebhan <odinshorse@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] make only builds X86_64 code
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:34:49
1 2009/6/17 Stephen Feyrer <steve@××××××××.uk>:
2 > I have followed the instructions to install the Openmoko overlay.  This
3 > now means ./configure runs all the way through without interuption or
4 > the need for cached values.  I believe this is what is causing the
5 > X86_64 make operation.
6
7 So you say you still get a x86_64 (i.e. HOST) binary? If this is true
8 and you can compile other packages like openrc correctly with your
9 cross-compile toolchain (including crossdev-wrappers) there seems to
10 be a bug in dovecote's build system. The easierst thing is to scan the
11 build.log to find where the host compile i.e. x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
12 or gcc is used. Then try to identify how this lines are generated by
13 the autoconf tools.
14
15 > What I really want to do is look at each of the cached values which I
16 > previously passed to ./configure and learn why they were a problem and
17 > fix that problem rather using a clever way of ignoring it.  I just don't
18 > know where to start.
19
20 It is unlikely that the cache values cause the problem.
21
22 Sven