From: Bertrand Jacquin <beber@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Tool for eliminating non used code or symbols?
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 13:09:10
1 Hi,
2
3 Finally, two months after your mail, I remembered a project I saw last
4 year (or so) that might stick your need.
5
6 http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=d-i/mklibs.git
7 http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=d-i/mklibs.git;a=blob_plain;f=src/mklibs;h=216b34c1cb221458cd0d26c6bd5c719c3bf94ab2;hb=HEAD
8
9 As describe, this tool :
10
11 - Gather all unresolved symbols and libraries needed by the programs
12 and reduced libraries
13 - Gather all symbols provided by the already reduced libraries
14 (none on the first pass)
15 - If all symbols are provided we are done
16 - go through all libraries and remember what symbols they provide
17 - go through all unresolved/needed symbols and mark them as used
18 - for each library:
19 - find pic file (if not present copy and strip the so)
20 - compile in only used symbols
21 - strip
22 - back to the top
23