From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] uClibc buildroot changes
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:14:56
Hello!

There are some changes to gcc/binutils's building in uClibc-buildroot,
introducing arch-*-linux-uclibc* tupple (using new patches so that
gcc/binutils recognizes these). The purpose is to have the generic
config.sub and config.guess adapted to detect uclibc environment. Consider
these changes for addition to the main binutils/gcc and using it in the
cross-building environment.

Probably the prereleases will have
arch-*-linux-uclibc<full-version><some-chars> like
arch-*-linux-uclibc0.9.26<some-chars), the finalized version
arch-*-linux-uclibc<api-version><some-chars>, like
arch-*-linux-uclibc1<some-chars>, where <some-chars> will show which
options were compiled into uclibc (locale,thread etc), the full-blown
version having no <some-chars>.

P.S. Please cc to me, somehow this (and other lists) don't send to me the
digests, although I have unsubscribed and subscribed again.

Peter