From: Gerhardt Lachnitt <glachnitt@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Gnap appliance overlay help
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:54:12
1 I am attempting to create a gnap with a custom overlay. Following the
2 Gentoo Network Appliance (GNAP) User Guide, I created my overlay
3 directory and then executed the command:
4
5 gnap_overlay -i myfirewall.iso -o myoverlay/
6
7 This successfully creates an iso. I don't have a burner in my Gentoo
8 machine so I transfer the iso to a Windows box and burn it. The
9 resulting disc boots up just fine. However, when I log into it, the
10 files I put in my overlay don't appear on the disk. There is an
11 overlay.tgz archive in the cd's root folder that contains my overlay
12 directory, but it doesn't appear to be applied anywhere.
13
14 It is my understanding that the overlay files should be merged into the
15 disk's resulting file system. Do I misunderstand their purpose, or have
16 I missed a step somewhere?
17
18 Thanks in advance,
19 Gerhardt