From: "josé Alberto Suárez López" <bass@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Updating embedded systems
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:53:38
1 El jue, 25-01-2007 a las 17:36 +0000, Ed W escribió:
2 > Jose Alberto wrote:
3 > > I'm workin in the next version of GNAP, it will support SquasFS packages
4 > > and upgrade system :)
5 > >
6 > > so i recommend you GNAP.
9 > Cool. I like the idea of GNAP anyway
10 >
11 > Have you a pointer to what a SquasFS package is? (SquashFS?) I'm guess
12 > that it's probably a unionFs arrangement of multiple SquashFS
13 > partitions. Presumably you just drop the changes on top and they mask
14 > out the old stuff?
15 sorry, i mean SquashFS packages :) Are precompiled pkgs, you just drop
16 it in a rw partition of the CF or HD and them will expand itself in the
17 init of the system. So will be very easy to upgrade only some parts of
18 the system
21 > Actually my use is for more of a stripped down system, eg Epia box with
22 > a HD. Probably I don't have such tight requirements as a truly embedded
23 > system, it's mainly that I like Gentoo in general, but want to avoid
24 > having a compiler and 800MB of portage files on my distribution box, yet
25 > still be able to update packages
26 >
27 > The intended use was to host FreePbx, ie I will need Asterisk, plus some
28 > heavyweight webserver which supports PHP, eg Apache
29 >
30 > Cheers
31 >
32 > Ed W