From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] busybox config with openrc
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 15:32:06
On 28/07/2011 07:57, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote: >> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:36, Alon Bar-Lev wrote: >>> Of course you need to hack the init configuration, as baselayout won't >>> work with busybox's init >> >> i'm not sure i follow. there's no reason that i know of that you cant >> configure busybox's init to work fine with openrc. openrc itself >> doesnt require sysvinit ... just *some* init to execute its soft >> runlevels. >> -mike > > Right. > So as far as I know you cannot install baselayout, and need to write > your own busybox format inittab. > But I may be wrong.
I'm using Baselayout2 + OpenRc + Uclibc (latest) here with no special support required. I am currently using udev, but if you examine the Alpine distribution you can find a great example on a fully featured mdev installation I build my basic image using something like: export ROOT=/some/tmp/dir export EMERGE_FLAGS="-vk --newuse --quiet-build" emerge ${EMERGE_FLAGS} baselayout || die "emerge failed" emerge -t ${EMERGE_FLAGS} uclibc busybox e2fsprogs udev || die "emerge failed" A few tweaks on that and you have a bootable image... Note you want a fairly recent busybox because I made a few feature requests to support some of the less common command line options, which of course openrc loves to use... Good luck Ed W