From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] so hi... I need help with the next phase of uclibc
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:24:13
1 Hi all. We are getting alot closer to uclibc however there is still one
2 major hurdle for the people who don't have native environments to build
3 in. Thats cross compiling.
4
5 So some of our options.
6
7 1) make crossdev uclibc aware.
8 2) make portage cross-* aware. (This may require missing functionality
9 of multi-same-versioning-slotting and requires love from a python coder)
10 3) build a non gentoo toolchain ;/ (we lose all ability for custom
11 patching and bug fixes this way)
12 4) Add a new target to the toolchain which compiles your native gcc and
13 cross-gcc's at the same.
14 5) Do nothing and pretend we will fix solve this for you.
15
16 fishing for ideas here..
19 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
20 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer