From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] /sbin/runscript
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 00:31:06
1 On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 00:43 +0100, Jakub Ladman wrote:
2 > Hello
3 >
4 > I am building a minimal system to run some services and my libsdl based
5 > application.
6 > Everything must fit into 16MB of flash memory.
7 >
8 > I have used xmerge helper script to emerge busybox, baselayout, libsdl,
9 > sdl-image, dropbear ...
10 >
11 > I am trying to set up networking by /etc/init.d/net.eth0 as on normal gentoo,
12 > but the initscripts seems to does nothing, even not any error message
13 > appears.
14 > I think that it is because /sbin/runscript does nothing, but i do not
15 > understand it too much.
16 >
17 > Busybox applets, dropbear server and my SDL application works good.
18 >
19 > My system uses ARM9 cpu.
20 >
21 > What need I to do?
22 > What should i write to You to give You a propper information about the
23 > problem?
24 >
25 > Thank you
26 >
27 > Jakub Ladman
31 baselayout-1 /sbin/runscript depends on bash.
32
33 If I was limited to 16M FS. I would dump baselayout all together and use
34 the classic busybox rcS method myself.
37 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
38 Gentoo Linux