From: andreas.sumper@×××××××××.at
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: [gentoo-embedded] ftdi ft232r programming howto
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 07:24:24
1 Valentin Longchamp <valentin.longchamp@××××.ch> schrieb am 07/05/2006
2 09:06:54 AM:
3
5 > Hash: SHA1
6 >
7 > Hello,
8 > >>
9 > >>> I see the ttyUSB0 - device and I tried to work with it, just like
10 > > ttySx.
11 > >>> the strange thing is, that after a very short period, the
12 application
13 > >>> running on the embedded board seems to not get any more data from
14 the
15 > >>> device.
16 > >> Totally unrelated to your device, this sounds very much like a serial
17 > >> handshake problem, try setting all serial ports to no handshake at
18 all,
19 > >> if you haven't done yet.
20 > >
21 > > How do I do that? I am not new to linux, but I did not need this
22 before?
23 > > BTW it works with the other serial devices like /dev/ttyS0, ... Only
24 > > /dev/ttyUSBx make troubles.
25 > > In windows, they reconfigure the virtual com ports. But I just have no
26
27 > > clue, how I can do such a thing in linux...
30 > You should be able to find all you need to configure your serial port in
31 > your program using this howto:
32 > http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Serial-Programming-HOWTO/
33 >
34 > I've used this with a FTDI2232 chip with success.
35 >
36 > I hope it helps
37
38 Thanks!