From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] NSLU2 as a DNS server
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 21:57:49
On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 13:08 -0400, wireless wrote:
> Kelly Price wrote: > > On 10/9/06, wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote: > > > >> 2. Would there be any problem installing DJBDNS on this this > >> device? Would any of the other necessary software for a DNS > >> primary, be a problem? > >> > >> 3. Any other c library issues in running one of these computers > >> as a dns server? > >> > > > > Instead of DJBDNS, I would use DNSMASQ which is quite small onto > > itself, and lets you define static IP addresses for DHCPCD users. > > > Um, I need primary dns server capabilities, it is to be > authoritative.... It is the name server of record, except for the > root servers.... > > As such any form of DNS masquerading is not going to be sufficient. > > Or did I miss something?
dnsmasq can share the /etc/hosts file. Kind of ppor mans auth dns server. You have also dnrd. (its badly documented (my fault) but it can do limitd auth DNS hosint.g NS records, A records) I don't recomment any of those if you need to be auth dns for more than your own small network. -- Natanael Copa -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list