From: Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 does not belong to any package?
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 18:11:42
Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote on 2012/03/19 01:51:53:
> > On Sunday 18 March 2012 14:53:44 Joakim Tjernlund wrote: > > What bugs me is that one can generally use /usr/$CTARGET as your root fs on > > your favourite embedded target. Doing so will loose libgcc_s.so as there > > isn't one installed. Having to install gcc into /usr/$CTARGET just to get > > libgcc_s is a bit much. > > why does this actually matter ? as noted, this hack is merely there to > support a split /usr setup. if you're using /usr/$CTARGET as your rootfs, > then you aren't going to have a split /usr, and thus the lib copy is > unnecessary.
I don't quite understand. If I copy /usr/$CTARGET to my target board as rootfs there will be no libgcc on my target and NPTL needs it.
> > > Also, would it not be better if glibc showed up in > > export ROOT=/usr/${CTARGET} PKGDIR=${PORTDIR}/pkgs/${CTARGET}/pkgs > > quickpkg `qlist -IC` instead of > > export ROOT=/ PKGDIR=${PORTDIR}/pkgs/${CTARGET}/cross-tools quickpkg > > `qlist -IC cross-${CTARGET}` ? > > no. cross-${CTARGET}/glibc is a cross-compiler glibc, not a native one. yes, > you can run it through a script to move things around so that it'd basically > have the same install as a native glibc, but the existing one is not. > > it might be useful to have crossdev automatically inject glibc into > package.provided for /usr/$CTARGET since attempting to install a native one in > there will hit conflicts.
hmm, I always viewed glibc under /usr/$CTARGET as a native target glibc which could be copied to the target directly, but now you say it is not? So I should continue building glibc under my own tree (that is what I have been doing but I figured I could optimize away that step)? Jocke