From: Sven Rebhan <odinshorse@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Reorganization of Overlay
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 14:36:21
1 Hello everybody,
2
3 after a nice dicussion with viridior in #neuvoo, we came up
4 with the following proposal for reorganizing the current
5 embedded overlay at overlays.gentoo.org.
6 The new tree should look like this:
9 embedded overlay
10 |
11 +- cross-fixes
12 | |
13 | +- python (dev-lang/python)
14 | |
15 | +- perl (dev-lang/perl)
16 | |
17 | +- ...
18 |
19 |
20 +- profiles
21 | |
22 | +- armv4tl (profiles/embedded/armv4tl)
23 | | |
24 | | +- openmoko (profiles/embedded/armv4tl/openmoko)
25 | |
26 | +- armv7a (profiles/embedded/armv4tl)
27 | |
28 | +- pandora (profiles/embedded/armv7a/pandora)
29 |
30 +- common
31 | |
32 | +- openmoko-sources (sys-kernel/)
33 | |
34 | +- openmoko-mplayer (media-video/)
35 | |
36 | +- pandora-sources (sys-kernel/)
37 | |
38 | +- sys-mobilephone
39 | |
40 | +- ...
41 |
42 +- docs
43 |
44 +- enlightenment (temporary until submitted to respective overlay or upstream)
47 Right now only, openmoko ppl contribute there, which we
48 would like to change. The enlightenment tree will
49 hopefully go into the respective overlay soon and will be
50 removed afterwards. The split into cross- and native trees
51 should ensure that experimental cross-compile fixes don't
52 disturb others work.
53
54 What do you guys think? If you are ok with it, I'll go
55 forward and restructure the tree during the next week.
56
57 Best regards and thanks to viridior for the
58 constructive discussion!
59
60 Sven 'sleipnir' Rebhan