From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Documentation for embedded linux beginer
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 05:34:16
1 * Jean-Marc Beaune <jm.beaune@×××××.com> schrieb:
2
3 > I tried several times to start with embedded linux but can't really figure
4 > out how to start in a proper way.
5 >
6 > Let's say I know linux, I'm a power user or administrator but have no
7 > knowledge about embedded linux.
8
9 IMHO, you should start with the crosscompiler, learn what it does,
10 to build one and it *means* to crosscompile.
11
12 Embedded systems normally require crosscompiling.
13 (note: embedded != headless appliances !).
16 cu
17 --
19 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
21 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
22 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
23 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
24 http://patches.metux.de/