From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: Daniel <dragonheart@×××××××.au>, solar@g.o
Cc: gentoo-embedded@g.o, uclibc@××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: uclibc buildroot/ toolchain
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 17:48:18
1 On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
2
3 > I had also following scenario (I do not know how to simulate this in a
4 > glibc env, setlocale() has to be somehow disabled to test):
5 > clean uClibc environment (no glibc) built w/o locale, rebuilding uClibc w/
6 > locale, if XLOCALE is enabled it will fail, so the only way to get the
7 > XLOCALE option is to build already the toolchain with it, afterwards (I
8 > mean building for the target) it is too late.
9
10 Forget the above part about XLOCALE. Correctly it is:
11 clean uClibc env (no glibc) built w/o locale, rebuilding uClibc w/ locale,
12 binary compatibility remains, you can use the libraries instead of the
13 non-locale version. If you want to add XLOCALE, (you definitely need the
14 attached ldconfig patch, w/o it you can't build ldconfig, because it uses
15 the installed library, not the built one) you loose binary compatibility,
16 so the only option for XLOCALE is to enable it already in the toolchain.
17
18 I have also attached the patch to remove COMPLETELY_PIC, not needed and
19 used, only disturbing.
20
21 Peter
22
23 ---
24 Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m@×××.net> ID: 0xA5F059F2 NIC: IXUYHSKQLI
25 Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2
26
28 Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
29 Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu

uClibc-0.9.23-no-completely-pic.patch text/plain
uClibc-0.9.23-ldconfig.patch text/plain