From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] software and license (Ed W)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 18:08:17
1 Hello Ed W et. al,
2
3 I remember about the software listings and license issues
4 you have discussed recently on this list. I was looking at
5 an Archos 101 tablet
6
7 http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_101it/tabletpc.html?country=kg&lang=en
8
9 And started looking at the Angstrom Linux distro (which is a package
10 manger? ) on top of OE. The Angstrom distribution page:
11
12 http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/building-angstrom
15 Has a button called the "Online builder". <select that option>
16
17 Down the page, select "Advanced" and out puts a menu of choices.
18
19 One is called the "software manifest":
20
21 "yes will generate a software manifest with e.g. versions and licenses
22 of the installed packages"
23
24 http://narcissus.angstrom-distribution.org/
27 That's all I know, but it looks cool and exactly what you were looking for?
28
29 Whoever is working on the bug you filed to add some sort of software
30 listing and corresponding licenses to embedded Gentoo, should take a
31 look at this page, imho.
32
33 hth,
34 James