From: Christian Affolter <c.affolter@××××××××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] busybox and virtuals (editor, pager etc.)
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 20:28:51
1 Hi Mike
2
3 >> However if I perform an emerge world:
4 >> PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT=[...] ROOT=[...] emerge world -vp
5 >>
6 >> Portage wants to merge:
7 >> virtual/editor-0
8 >> app-editors/nano
9 >>
10 >> virtual/pager-0
11 >> sys-apps/less
12 >>
13 >> I have enabled less and vi in my busybox, therefore I don't want to
14 >> install an "external" pager and editor.
15 >
16 > use the profile's package.provided then
17
18 Yes, that's what I do at the moment... However it would be much nicer if
19 the powerful gentoo use and dependency system could be used for this.
20
21 Furthermore BusyBox init-scripts (for crond, syslogd etc.) could be
22 installed according to the enabled use-flags, rather than manually.
23
24 Is there something that speaks against such a change?
25
26 If not, I'm willing to provide the necessary patches.
29 regards
30 Chris