From: Tim Erwin <taerwin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] ~arm pulls in packages for host system
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 23:48:44
1 > > That is really odd ... did you use crossdev-wrapper (e.g.
2 > > arm-softfloat-linux-gnueabi-emerge) ?
3
4 Yes (but note this is only a issue using ~arm)
5
6 > This happens also with crossdev-wrappers. Look at the openrc ebuild,
7 > it contains DEPEND=RDEPEND. DEPEND is the interpreted by portage as
8 > "this package is required on HOST as it is required for building that
9 > stuff".  Basically we would need more dependency types. I'm currently
10 > thinking about it and will post to the portage-dev list later.
11
12 Yes openrc and e2fsprogs are the culprits and removing the line
13 DEPEND=RDEPEND fixes this. But as pointed out by Sven this is not the
14 best option.
15
16 Regards,
17