From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] What creates
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 17:00:21
1 Ed W wrote:
2 > But then openrc winges about:
3 >
4 > >>> Installing (3 of 3) sys-apps/openrc-0.4.3-r3 to
5 > /var/embedded/builds/base1/
6 > * checking 248 files for package collisions
7 > * Auto-adding 'termencoding' service to your boot runlevel
8 > ln: creating symbolic link
9 > `/var/embedded/builds/base1//etc/runlevels/boot/termencoding': No such
10 > file or directory
11 > * Auto-adding 'bootmisc' service to your boot runlevel
12 > ln: creating symbolic link
13 > `/var/embedded/builds/base1//etc/runlevels/boot/bootmisc': No such
14 > file or directory
15 > ..etc..
18 > Which package is supposed to create
19 > /etc/runlevels/{boot,default,nonetwork, etc} ?
22 Hmm, on further inspection it's possible that I just misunderstand the
23 warning - now I look closer I believe that it's complaining about the
24 far end of the symlink not existing, which is of course because the
25 package is installing the file and the symlink right now? Seems like a
26 common ish situation though (installing file + symlink to new file?) -
27 confusing warning?
28
29 Ed W