From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Suma Sharma <Suma.Sharma@×××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: FW: [gentoo-embedded] multilib support for cross compiler toolchain
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:41:14
1 On Monday 18 February 2008, Suma Sharma wrote:
2 > >> I am trying to build a glibc based cross compiler toolchain with
3 > >> "multilib" support.
4 > >
5 > > it really isnt supported at the moment. you'll most likely need to
6 > > manually tweak the build files.
7 >
8 > Is there any other way of building a toolchain which would support more
9 > than one target?
10
11 just pass the right configure option to gcc via EXTRA_ECONF (it's
12 like --with-multilib=<list> or something ... i forget)
13
14 > Or will I have to build separate toolchains for
15 > separate targets?
16
17 while that would suck, it would work
18
19 > I want to build a toolchain, which would support sh4 and sh4-nofpu
20 > targets.
21
22 the default behavior on Gentoo is to support sh4 and sh4-nofpu (and a bunch
23 more), so i dont see what you need to change
24 -mike