From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Suma Sharma <Suma.Sharma@×××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Building cross toolchain but installing it in a user defined folder.
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 14:26:02
1 On Wednesday 07 May 2008, Suma Sharma wrote:
2 > I want to build a cross compiler toolchain using the "crossdev" utility
3 > but want the utilities to be installed in a user defined folder rather
4 > than in "/usr".
5 > I tried making changes to the ROOT variable, but "crossdev" does not
6 > accept ROOT other than "/".
7 > Also, making changes to the "PREFIX" variable in "toolchain.eclass" did
8 > not help.
9 > Could anybody please help me?
10
11 there is no direct support for this. but the toolchains should all be
12 relocatable, so you could build a binary package and then extract them
13 wherever you want.
14 -mike