From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] OT: HiTech-C question
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 04:06:00
1 Hi David,
2
3 David Relson wrote:
4 > I'm using HiTech-C for the first time.
5
6 Sorry, I think there's a misunderstanding.
7
8 gentoo-embedded is about running Gentoo Linux in embedded systems,
9 not about developing embedded systems using Gentoo as a host.
12 > I use the following command to build
13 >
14 > /opt/hitech/picc/9.80/bin/picc -N32 --chip=16C926 -Oprog prog.c
15
16 Allow me to suggest that you ditch the closed source tools quickly,
17 before they have a chance to create more trouble for you.
18
19 For PIC16 you could give sdcc a spin instead. Then I suggest looking
20 up the gnupic mailing list.
23 > Any suggestions as to what's wrong?
24
25 Insert rant about how closed source crap software is slightly more
26 crap than open source crap software here.
29 //Peter