From: Jason <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] multiple projects, one toolchain, on same host
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:57:17
1 If I have two projects which use the same toolchain, is it sufficient to
2 do the following?
3
4 crossdev --target armeb-softfloat-linux-gnu
5 SYSROOT=/usr/armeb-softfloat-linux-gnu
6
7 Set up SYSROOT with make.globals, and so on
8
9 mkdir /usr/armeb-softfloat-linux-gnu-nslu2
10 cp -ax /usr/armeb-softfloat-linux-gnu/* \
11 /usr/armeb-softfloat-linux-gnu-nslu2/
12
13 Then repeat for the second armeb project.
14
15 Working on nslu2 would set SYSROOT and TGTROOT appropriately (for me, I
16 have a .screenrc that sets up this build environment).
17
18 This way I could simply use two different .screenrc's for two different
19 projects. The way I see it, this would allow me to tailor USE flags,
20 package.keywords, etc per project as opposed to per toolchain. Are
21 there any pitfalls I'm missing with this approach?
22
23 thx,
24
25 Jason.