From: Juan Jesus Prieto <jjptapia@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Bering-uClibc
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:45:00
1 Hi all,
2
3 First issue: I would like show you this link:
4
5 http://leaf.sourceforge.net/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=910&page_id=36
6
7 The bering-uclibc team have experience in the uclibc compiling.
8
9 Second issue: Do you know the upx tool? It's really usefull for systems with
10 low memory storage (like embedded systems). upx-1.11 can compress linux
11 kernels (not implemented in the newest 1.24):
12
13 http://upx.sourceforge.net/
14
15 I use it in LEAF for some binaries statically compiled (1.24) and for kernel
16 (1.11). I think it is a good idea to use this tool for building the binaries
17 packages.
18
19 Third issue: If our main storage system will be a CF (NAND mainly), I think
20 using jffs2 (for storage system) and cramfs (for initrd) is the best choise,
21 but how is the compatibility of jffs2 with bootloaders like grub, redboot and
22 others?
23
24 Regards.
25 --