From: Juan Jesus Prieto <jjptapia@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Bering-uClibc
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:45:00
Hi all,

   First issue: I would like show you this link:

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=910&page_id=36

  The bering-uclibc team have experience in the uclibc compiling.

  Second issue: Do you know the upx tool? It's really usefull for systems with
low memory storage (like embedded systems). upx-1.11 can compress linux
kernels (not implemented in the newest 1.24):

http://upx.sourceforge.net/

  I use it in LEAF for some binaries statically compiled (1.24) and for kernel
(1.11). I think it is a good idea to use this tool for building the binaries
packages.

  Third issue: If our main storage system will be a CF (NAND mainly), I think
using jffs2 (for storage system) and cramfs (for initrd) is the best choise,
but how is the compatibility of jffs2 with bootloaders like grub, redboot and
others?

Regards.
--
Juan Jesús Prieto Tapia