From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: "Stanisław Raczyński" <sraczynski@××.pl>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Building Crosscompiler for Embedded System
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 05:31:03
On Tuesday 07 March 2006 11:27, Stanisław Raczyński wrote:
> You might want to read a small howto I've created as documentation to my > group project at a university
1.1: you dont actually need a Gentoo host ... you could do it all in a chroot using an os that supports linux emulation (or more commonly, another linux distro) 2: the text explaining crossdev's -t option scrolls off the page for me ... maybe just bum font ... also, small grammar corrections: "though it still haven't" -> "though it still hasn't" "To create full" -> "To create a full" 3: "packages into target root" -> "packages into the target root" "several variables more" -> "several more variables" "You can tweak" -> "You should tweak" (often host CFLAGS contains invalid -march/-mcpu settings for the target) 4.3: you should advise people to change CROSS_COMPILE to whatever they set their CHOST to and whatever they passed to crossdev (plus the trailing -) 5.1.4: the dietlibc example is screwed up 5.3: if you have people add 'noman nodoc noinfo' to their FEATURES in aemerge, that'll automatically cut out a lot of documentation the staging dir is mentioned as "/opt/arm/stage" when earlier you said it was "/var/tmp/cross/arm" hope that helps -mike -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list