From: Marcelo Coelho <marcelocoelho@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Hard Real Time Systems with Gentoo?
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 17:45:07
1 Hi!
4 I'm currently working in HRT applications, for several years, just
5 using Linux (and other applications off course).
6
7 What is the big question over here after all? decide what is HRT or SRT?
8
9 Currently is possible to use FOSS and have determinism on a nanosecond
10 area. Do you that is not much? A satellite clock synchronizer costs
11 millions of dollars and even that has a drift (i know that is has a
12 lot of zeros, but the drift exists).
13
14 So to have HRT in gentoo you just need a couple of ebuilds of RTAI,
15 RTnet, and not much more.
18 Regards
21 P.S.: Sorry if i said something out of context. I didn't quite
22 understand how this discussion started.