From: Eric G Ortego <ericortego@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Multi target cross emerge wrapper
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:04:31
1 On 3/6/06, solar <solar@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hey I've been playing around with mega x-compiling all last week.
3 > I mass merged every cross compiler crossdev can build at this time.
4 > http://tinderbox.x86.dev.gentoo.org/cross-x86/
5 > I've actually got a crontab setup that will auto merge new cross
6 > compilers as they become available.
7
8 I am building from powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu-3.4.4 and so far I have
9 had crossdev build only:
10 arm-creole-linux-uclibc-3.4.5
11 i386-creole-linux-gnu-3.4.5
12 i386-creole-linux-uclibc-3.4.5
13
14 > I've got a little script to also automate much of the process of
15 > figuring out what is the right x-compiler settings and what
16 > variables should be set.
17 > I'd appreciate it if a few of you could take it for a spin and give
18 > me feedback.
19
20 I altered it to change the location of ROOT & PKGDIR and
21 It has been working well for me.
22
23 Mabe i am misunderstanding its purpose but when I tried to use
24 cmerge --libc --target i386-creole-linux-gnu
25
26 It was unable to build glibc for that target.
27 It looks like its trying to x-compile
28 cross-i386-creole-linux-gnu/glibc-2.3.6-r3 instead of sys-libs/glibc.
29 Though I don't think that matters much.
30
31 Calculating dependencies ...done!
32 >>> emerge (1 of 1) cross-i386-creole-linux-gnu/glibc-2.3.6-r3 to
33 /var/distros/creole-linux-glibc/i386/
34
35 Ive have also tried:
36 cmerge --target i386-creole-linux-gnu sys-libs/glibc
37 and get an identical error
38
39 This is the error ...
40
41 checking installed Linux kernel header files... TOO OLD!
42 configure: error: GNU libc requires kernel header files from
43 Linux 2.0.10 or later to be installed before configuring.
44 The kernel header files are found usually in /usr/include/asm and
45 /usr/include/linux; make sure these directories use files from
46 Linux 2.0.10 or later. This check uses <linux/version.h>, so
47 make sure that file was built correctly when installing the kernel header
48 files. To use kernel headers not from /usr/include/linux, use the
49 configure option --with-headers.
50
51 Must mean that glibc needs virtual/os-headers so I tried to built them
52 for that target...
53
54 cmerge --target i386-creole-linux-gnu virtual/os-headers sys-libs/glibc
55
56 Yay! It worked!
57
58 > It has a few quarks with merging virtuals and so on but thats not easy
59 > to solve as long as portage itself depends on /etc/make.profile
60 > symlinks.
61
62 I've had some success getting around make.profile by making a broken symlink.
63 rm /etc/make.profile && ln -s /etc/make.profile /etc/make.profile
64 At the moment Portage doesn't seem to mind but I suppose that could change...
67 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list