From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] crash proofing a system from power cutoffs
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 19:33:45
On Sunday 08 January 2012 12:59:16 Kfir Lavi wrote:
> I'll need to crash proof a Gentoo system from electricity cutoffs. > I have a system with 8GB of flash drive. > I created a small system ~100mb as the target system. > I thought of creating 5 200mb paratitions of raid1. So 5 will be mirrored. > What do you think of this solution? > > Do you have more ideas how to keep the system intact ? > I'm creating ext4 partitions, but would like to hear some opinions on that > fileystem.
what is your flash tech exactly ? it's a USB thumb drive ? the best way to avoid problems is: - use read-only mounts wherever possible - use tmpfs for all scratch space you don't care about (many logs fall into this category with embedded devices) - for the few places you do write to disk, make sure to fdatasync() -mike