From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Jan Girlich <vollkorn@×××××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] quilt on little endian arm-softfloat-linux-gnu
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 03:42:19
1 On Wednesday 12 July 2006 18:39, Jan Girlich wrote:
2 > my workaround is to use a cross-compilie-env on my x86-desktop.
3
4 sure, that's how i did a bunch of ports:
5 armeb/uclibc
6 armeb/uclibc/softfloat
7 ppc/uclibc/softfloat
8 sh4/uclibc
9 sh4/glibc
10
11 > At least I (the Makefile) used quilt to compile my kernel
12 > which doesn't want to boot properly.
13
14 try doing:
15 svn co http://svn.nslu2-linux.org/svnroot/kernel
16 then run `make` in the trunk to build up a kernel
17
18 > No (serial-)console or similar, so
19 > I just can guess what's wrong... :(
20
21 a lot saner on your nerves if you boot up one of the stock firmwares first,
22 develop Gentoo in a chroot, and then move your system over to that once you
23 know it's working
24
25 > PS: I have this "you're on your own"-feeling since I began to play
26 > around with my slug the way I want ;)
27
28 i have no problems merging stuff back ... it isnt that i dont want to see an
29 armeb/glibc port, it's just a very very low priority in the pool of ports
30 -mike