From: Jakub Ladman <ladmanj@×××××.cz>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] gcc configure for ARM ep93xx: --with-float-abi= does not exist
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:29:10
1 > Like I say, I failed to find a combination of options that will set
2 > Maverick hardfloat as the default, so I just create a regular ARM
3 > toolchain, then pass
4 > -mcpu=ep9312 -mfpu=maverick -mfloat-abi=softfp
5 > when using it to compile binaries. Yes, it's a pain.
9 Yes, i know that, but it fails during any standard cross-gcc version of 4.x.x
10 I tried to generate it via latest crossdev, with
11
12 crossdev --g 4.3.2 -t arm-softfloat-linux-gnueabi
13 crossdev --g 4.1.2 -t arm-softfloat-linux-gnueabi
14
15 with native x86 compiler gcc-3.4.6 and gcc-4.1.2
16
17 both four combinations ended with the same error message - about the floating
18 point exception.
21 I will try your patches.
22
23 Unfortunately i have big trouble with compilers not comming from gentoo
24 crossdev, can't switch compilers with gcc-config and i need this, because i
25 use many types of arm, not only the cirrus logic one.
26 (And i do not know how to append independently built compiler to this gentoo
27 gcc-config system)
30 Thank You