From: Stephen Feyrer <steve@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] make only builds X86_64 code
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 19:18:13
1 Hi.
2
3 Both your tests below worked okay.
4
5 ./configure --prefix /opt --target=armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi
6 --host=armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
7
8 Now runs to the point of:
9
10 checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... no
11 checking for SSL... configure: error: in
12 `/root/dovecot/dovecot-1-2-6c0fb914e03e':
13 configure: error: The pkg-config script could not be found or is too
14 old. Make sure it
15 is in your PATH or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable to the full
16 path to pkg-config.
17
18 A reboot and rebuild must have cleared out some stored values. I now
19 have the original error back. I thought I'd broken autoconf/automake :(
20
21 It's good to know that you can screw things up and still roll everything
22 back to how you had it.
23
24 http://dev.gentoo.org/~vapier/eh/index.xml?part=1&chap=5
25
26 This guide talks about a pkg-config wrapper and setting some
27 environmental variables. Specifically putting the wrapper in the PATH .
28 I don't know which path variable is pertinent. It also talks about an
29 emerge wrapper but doesn't say where to put that either.
32 This http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=2&chap=5
33
34 talks about putting things in your PATH. env-update didn't like my
35 attempt to put cross-pkg-config in the PATH.
39 Thanks.
40
41 Stephen