From: Christopher Harvey <chris@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] adding external toolchain to crossdev
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 15:04:14
I'm trying to use the codesourcery toolchain in an emerge/crossdev
environment. The toolchain prefix is arm-none-linux-gnueabi.

I decided to try to manually create the emerge wrappers that crossdev
would. I made the following files:
   # ls -l /usr/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-emerge
     lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 Dec  5 17:32
/usr/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-emerge -> cross-emerge

   # cat /usr/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/etc/portage/make.conf
     CHOST=arm-none-linux-gnueabi
     CBUILD=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
     ARCH=arm

     HOSTCC=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
     E_MACHINE=EM_ARM

     ROOT=/usr/${CHOST}/

     ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="arm ~arm"

   # ls -l /usr/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/etc/make.profile
     lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 59 Dec  2 15:52
/usr/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/etc/make.profile ->
/usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/arm/10.0/armv7a/server/

running arm-none-linux-gnueabi-emerge --info says that
CHOST="arm-none-linux-gnueabi" yet for some reason packages I emerge get
built with the system gcc. If anybody knows of any steps I may have
missed to get this toolchain working properly please let me know.

thanks.